The AD SPOTTER™ is DVEO's new multi-criteria advertising platform that uses content and viewer information to make decisions about the actual ads played out to all viewers. It combines content type, consumer profile, and geolocation data by "mining" multiple data bases in real time.
Today there is a copious amount of information about both content (metadata) and consumers. By combining content type, consumer profiles, and geo-location data by “mining” the data bases that contain this information, advertisers obtain better results. The AD SPOTTER actually lets the operator determine the dynamics of weighing these information repositories and creating better “Targeted Ads”.
The AD SPOTTER™ combines content type, consumer profile, and geo-location data by “mining” multiple data bases in real time. In addition to providing the adverts, the AD SPOTTER™ also provides very flexible ad initiation options. Ads can be initiated via almost any mechanism, such as SCTE 35, RS-422, IP messaging, scheduled or manual triggering. Moreover the AD SPOTTER™ can insert ads inside, overlaid, or around the video content via slices, overlays, crawl messages, alert bugs, and video squeezes. Just as important as the ads, AD SPOTTER™created streams are designed to be transmitted via HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) and other modern delivery mechanisms.
SCTE standards such as SCTE 35, SCTE 118, and SCTE 130 are basic ways to provide Program Specific Ad Insertion. Standards based implementations have both advantages and disadvantages. As advertisers and networks demand more sophisticated features, a standards based approach may limit what can be achieved.
DVEO® adopts a pragmatic approach by adhering to SCTE-based standards when available, and when the customer prefers a standards based approach. In cases where customer requirements go beyond available standards, or the implementation cost of the standards based approach would exceed available budget, DVEO® provides practical solutions to meet immediate customer needs. As the DVEO® platform is flexible, compliance with standards at a later date is always possible when required by the ecosystem in which DVEO® solutions operate.
- Supports multiple SCTE 35 trigger levels
- Supports insertion of ads from the Cloud – Ads are served from “cloud” servers providers contracted to serve dynamic ads
- Passes through Closed caption, AFD and other user data
- Secure Remote Scheduling from anywhere via Web Interface
- Built in intelligence makes scheduling easy
- Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480i, and all standard broadcast resolutions
- Manages Ad inventories, logs Ad Plays, and generates Proof of Play list
- Web based GUI with multi-level access control
- Utilizes viewer geo location and other information available from the set top box or mobile device to deliver the appropriate ads
- Available as three components: SPOT TXST 35, SPOT Serter, and SPOT Server
- Lets the operator determine the dynamics of weighing these information repositories and creating optimal “Targeted Ads”
- Can trigger “ad starts” and deliver targeted ads to set top boxes and mobile viewers
- Ads can be initiated via almost any mechanism, such as SCTE 35, Contact Closure, IP messaging, scheduled or manual triggering
- Supports 5 Profiles at different Resolution and Bit Rates
- Any number of targets can be set
- Enabled with AutoImport function for easy scheduling
- Compatible with third party cloud based ad servers
Features - SPOT Server
- Ingests H.264 live streams over IP, then add wrappers such as HLS
- Inbound Protocols: Multi-bitrate, MPEG-TS
- Outbound Protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Targeted dynamic ad insertion for mobile and non mobile content consumers