San Diego , CA - DVEO®, the broadcast division of DVEO, will launch the HD-SDI Master™ at NAB 2005. HD-SDI, also known as SMPTE 292M, is the well-known standard for storing uncompressed high definition in the content creation process. The HD-SDI Master is designed as a low-cost PCI X bus based I/O card for HD video Servers, HD disk recorders, and HD editing systems.
DVEO® designed the HD-SDI Master based on specifications requested by a major television studio. It is primarily targeted at video editing applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro enabling editors to work in high definition uncompressed 10-bit has as well as with uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2 HD-SDI 10-bit YCbrCr video. It supports 1080i, 1080p and 720p resolutions with 8 channels of AES/EBU digital audio. With simultaneous standard definition down-conversion for viewing HD content on an SD-SDI broadcast monitor , the HD-SDI Master is well suited for video editing applications.
"Upon introduction, DVEO®'s HD-SDI Master will be the only full-featured, low-cost PCI-X card specifically designed for the video editing community." Stated Les Zoltan, Sales Manager.
- Memory buffer for: 2 frames full resolution video + 2 frames 1/4 resolution overlay + audio
- Overlay memory for watermarking, logo insertion, time code windows, etc.
- PCI-X size card
- Two video channels
- SDI/HD-SDI (SMPTE259M/SMPTE292M) Video Capture/Playback
- 8 Channel AES/EBU (4 inputs, 4 outputs) and embedded audio with input sample rate conversion, making sure that the src can be disabled for AC3
- Audio I/O can be -10dbu unbalanced and +4 dbu balanced
- SMPTE timecode receiver and generator
- EIA422 control port (mapped to standard serial port driver)
- Video sync signal can be defined to produce a software interrupt for the soft codec and RS-422
- Standard component video output for monitor (12-bit HD/SD component analog video)
- Support for 720p, 1080p, 1080i
- Counter for odd/even fields (interlaced fields) for 1080i
- Programmable audio delay for lip sync
- ID Chip
- The board will support the RGB and RGB-A 10 bit formats for the HD-SDI dual link interface.
- The board will provide support so that the driver can extract or insert line 335 of the vertical blanking interval (VBI)
Suggested Retail Price: HD-SDI Master: $4,295.00 US
About DVEO and DVEO®
DVEO is a privately held company founded in 1982 by Laszlo
(Les) Zoltan and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
DVEO®, the recently formed Professional Broadcast Division
of Computer Modules Inc., sells DVB ASI, SMPTE 310M, SMPTE259M,
SMPTE292M, and HDTV products to the top television broadcast
companies throughout the world.
Note to Editor:Note to Editor: For more information
on DVEO and DVEO®,
please contact Rebecca Gray at (858) 613-1818.
To download DVEO®'s press releases and product images visit
the news section at www.DVEO®.com
11409 West Bernardo Court
San Diego, California 92127
phone: (858) 613-1818
fax: (858) 613-1815